Happy Holidays from SERVPRO of North Central Austin
Pretty lights, candles and decorations are
just a few of the items bringing charm
and cheer to the holiday season—however, if
they are not used carefully your holidays may go
from festive to frightening.
The American Red Cross offers the following
safety tips to help greatly reduce the fire risk in
your home or business this holiday season.
- Place Christmas trees, candles and other
holiday decorations at least three feet away
from heat sources like fi replaces, portable
heaters, radiators, heat vents and candles.
- Make sure that light strings and other
holiday decorations are in good condition.
Do not use anything with frayed electrical
cords and always follow the manufacturer’s
- Always unplug tree and holiday lights
before leaving the property or going to bed.
- Never use lit candles to decorate a tree.
Always extinguish candles before leaving
the room or going to bed.
- Use only sturdy tree stands designed not to
tip over. Keep curious pets and children
away from Christmas trees.
- Keep anything that can catch on fi re—pot
holders, oven mitts, wooden utensils,
paper or plastic bags, food packaging, and
towels or curtains—away from your stove
- Designate one person to walk around your property to ensure all candles and smoking materials are properly extinguished after guests leave.
SERVPRO® of North Central Austin Professionals
wish you a safe and happy holiday season!