Summer brings risks of some serious storm. Pt. 1
While the spring season is known for the potential for severe weather, the threat exists throughout the summer months as well. In fact, the potential for severe weather even increases in some areas. Hurricane season in the Atlantic begins June 1st and runs through November 30th. The Eastern pacific hurricane season begins May 15th also ending on November 30th .
While it may be difficult to prepare for the unpredictable, there are steps you can take now to ensure you are ready when disaster strikes. SERVPRO of North Central Austin can provide tips and tools to help. Here are a few tips to consider when preparing for an approaching storm.
Before the Storm:
- Build an emergency supply kit and develop a communication plan.
- Unplug any electronic equipment before the storm arrives.
- Secure outdoor objects that could blow away or cause damage.
- If you are outdoors, get inside a building, home or hard top vehicle (not a convertible).
- Shutter windows and secure outside doors. If shutters are not available, closer window blinds, shades or curtains.