Going on vacation is always exciting! Before you go look over this check list and make sure all is well with your home or business before taking off!
- Suspend mail and newspaper services
- Arrange for lawn care services while you're gone
- Install Exterior lighting or motion detectors to deter burglars.
- Wait to post vacation pictures on social media until you have returned
- Check the batteries in home or business security devices, including motion detectors, cameras, and smoke and carbon monoxide detectors. Replace them if necessary.
- Shut off the main water supply. If you would like to leave the water on for an automated sprinkler system, then at least turn off the water supply to the dishwasher, washing machine, and to each toilet.
- Switch your water heater to vacation mode or turn it off completely.
- Set your thermostat to either four degrees above or below your normal temperature. For summer months, set the thermostat in the upper 70's. For winter months, set the thermostat in the upper 50's.
- Prevent a power surge by unplugging your electronics or make sure they are plugged into a surge protector.